In light of the Coronavirus outbreak, Singapore’s Ministry of Health has issued an advisory for event organisers to cancel or defer non-essential large-scale events.
Should you decide to postpone/cancel your Peatix event as a precautionary measure, here are some guidelines to assist you:
Cancelling your event
- Before cancelling the event, we recommend that you first communicate this to your attendees, ideally citing reason(s) for the cancellation. You can message your attendees by logging into your account, going to your event page, clicking on the “Attendees” list and using the “Message Attendees” function.
- To cancel your event, make sure you are logged into your account and select the event you wish to cancel. Click on “More” at the top right corner and select “Cancel Event”. Click “Yes” to proceed with the cancellation.
- Upon cancellation, all purchased tickets will automatically be refunded to the attendees and they will receive an email notifying them of the event cancellation.
Peatix will not charge a cancellation fee for events cancelled under these conditions:
- If you are cancelling an event with only free tickets
- If you are cancelling an event where paid tickets have been sold in the last 50 days
However, a cancellation fee of SGD 5 per transaction applies for tickets that have been purchased for more than 50 days.
Should your event fall under the latter category or if you require further clarifications regarding the potential cancellation fees, please feel free to reach out to us at https://peatix.com/contact and we will be happy to assist you from there.
The refund will be handled by the credit card company that was used for the purchase of the tickets. The process period may vary, depending on the cutoff date of the card used.
Postponing your event
To make changes to your event date & time after your event page has been published, you can reach out to us at https://peatix.com/contact and we will be happy to help with the necessary amendments.
However, before you decide to go ahead with a postponement for your event, please ensure you have the alternative date in mind, otherwise, we would strongly encourage that you cancel the event (following the steps above) and proceed with creating a new event page only upon finalising the updated details.
Continuing with your event
Planning to go ahead with your event? While there may be no changes required to your event page, we highly encourage organizers to implement precaution checks and measures to keep everyone safe. These may include:
- Sending travel declaration forms to your attendees for their acknowledgement before the event
- Temperature checks prior to entry
- Denying entry to unwell attendees
- Making sure venues are well-ventilated and equipped with hand-washing facilities
- Maintaining a registration list of attendees (where applicable)
We’re always here to help so reach out to us at https://peatix.com/contact if you have any questions or require any further assistance.